email notifications gone!

's Avatar

eatreal

17 Dec, 2013 05:01 PM

quick question...I'm not getting the email notifications that people have ordered, or that people have joined the mailing list, or that items are out of stock. What's happened and how can we fix it?

thanks,
Janeen

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 17 Dec, 2013 05:08 PM

Hi Janeen,

I know that this may seem like an obvious place to start, but because of the new changes to Gmail, I want to first suggest that you take a look at your tabs, folders, and spam filters.

In the meantime, I will add myself as a Farmer User to your account and run some tests to see if I am able to receive some of these confirmation emails. I'll be in touch to let you know what I find.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. 2 Posted by Lauren on 17 Dec, 2013 07:18 PM

Janeen,

Could you also provide me with some names of people who ordered something, someone who signed-up for the mailing list and an item that went out of stock all of which you didn't get a notification email about?

Thanks,
    -Lauren

3. 3 Posted by Lauren on 17 Dec, 2013 08:21 PM

Hi Janeen,

As you know I did some testing (got your email about getting mailing list notifications) so here is what I found. I'm added as a Farmer User and set to get all notifications as you are. I did receive the notifications for the mailing list sign up, as you did, but I also received notifications about inventory and an order that came through. I will forward these to you.

Therefore I suspect that there is something about these emails that cause them to be filtered somewhere else (another folder besides your inbox) or perhaps blocked because it was accidentally marked as spam. While these emails will have different subjects (which in Gmail you can use to filter) they will all come from the same address: [email blocked].

I recommend again taking a look at your settings, filters, and tabs and make sure that there isn't something going on to re-direct these emails

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

4. 4 Posted by Lauren on 20 Dec, 2013 02:22 PM

Hi Janeen,

I just wanted to check and see how things were going with this. Were you able to find those notification emails in your mail folders? Due to the holidays we will be out of the office for a few days and I want to make sure that we don't leave anything hanging. Let me know if you are still unable to locate those emails.

Enjoy the holidays!

Best,
    Lauren, Farmer Support

5. Lauren closed this discussion on 20 Dec, 2013 02:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac