editing issues

's Avatar

ishandy11

16 Dec, 2013 11:54 AM

I have a problem with the editing software. The fonts don't seem to change correctly and I can't control the spacing. When I cut and paste, even using the word paste function, the format changes on a whim.
Please help
Thanks,
Stacy

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 16 Dec, 2013 02:45 PM

Hi Stacy,

I'm sorry that you are having these issues. There are a couple of things at work here that can effect your font formatting. First, some of our templates have set fonts for headings vs. paragraphs written into the CSS code (style sheets) of the pages. This will switch things automatically, which can be frustrating. The other issue is with copying and pasting from Word, etc. If you did this, and sometimes even when you use the "Pate From Word" tool, there can be some excess code that will keep fonts a certain way no matter how you try to change them with the text editor tools.

The best thing to do is type your text into the text editor directly and then use the tools there to format it to your liking. (We now have a spell check tool!) If you still need something changed, let us know because we can make changed to the html code, which can eliminate or override some of the template settings and extra code that sneaks through.

Another option is to write (or copy and paste) your content first using a basic text editor (like Microsoft Notepad) and then re-copy and paste it into the Rich Text Editor. This way, the content is transferred without any formatting (indents, bullets etc) and therefore doesn't contain extraneous code. Again, you can use the text editor tools to format the content to your liking.

Lastly, if you let me know which pages are giving you trouble and give me some direction as to how you would like them to be formatted, I can make changes to the html and get them looking the way you want.

Best,
    -Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 16 Dec, 2013 02:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac