Optional Discounts

's Avatar

threesisterscsa

30 Oct, 2012 08:11 PM

Dear SFC,

This year we are going to offer an optional discount for members who come out the the farm to work. I wanted to create the discount as an option that appeared at checkout that people could select, rather than listing it as a lower priced share in the type options. Is there a way to do this?

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 30 Oct, 2012 08:54 PM

Three Sisters,

The way that you could do this is to create a coupon. There are instructions on how to do so here: Making Member Assembler Coupons. You will want to list the coupon code and explain the stipulations somewhere (i.e. only use this coupon code if you are committing to volunteering on the farm for X hours..etc). I suggest navigating to Member Assembler > Configure > Display Settings and listing the code and explanation in the Checkout Description.

Note: By doing it this way, there is nothing stopping people from typing in the code, getting the discount and then not volunteering. However, you can always take the discount off of their invoice later (adjusting an invoice) if they do not end up volunteering, though you may want to mention this in your coupon usage stipulations.

Another way to do this is to apply a discount manually to those people who volunteer with you after the volunteer requirement has been met and before they pay their full balance. This way, you will be rewarding people after the work is done and won't have to chase after people who haven't volunteered when the end of the season nears and then chase after people for their additional payment if you have to take the discount off.

As you can see, there are many ways that we can configure Member Assembler to accommodate your preferences. Let us know if you have any questions about setting up your coupon.

Best,
    Lauren, Farmer Support

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 30 Oct, 2012 08:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac