member assembler mailing, member types status variable generates last year's member types

Jane Hammer

29 Dec, 2018 09:38 PM

Hi,
I just sent out a group email, via the member assembler, to my members in which I used the %%member types status%% variable and everyone got their status from last season, not the current season. (My CSA is a winter only, so our current season is 2018-19, and we are in the middle of that season right now.) This error is really embarrassing! I can not figure out what I did wrong or even how to re-send with the corrected status. Could you please help with this so I don't make that mistake again?

Here are some more details about how I generated the group email:
1. I went into the member mail archives to use the body of the email I used last year at the same time in the season (this is really helpful!) It already had the %%member-label%% and the %%member-types-text%% variables included.
2. I edited the email and sent to members who were signed up for this season.
3. I received several replies saying, "this was my signup for last year" and sure enough the member types generated were 2017-18 membership types.
4. I tried going back into the mailer, clicked "edit and resend", removed the variables and then re-typed "%%member-types-text%%" and sent a draft to an email address I use for my own membership (which has current 2018-19 member types associated with it). It still shows the 2017-18 member types in this newest email to myself.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 31 Dec, 2018 01:54 PM

Hi Jane:

Did you just click "edit and send again"? If so, it would be setup to send to the same season as the original email.

At the top of the email form it will show you in a yellow bar what season's data it is using to send out the emails. You should be able to change the season option there.

Normally this will default to the season that you are currently administering but as I mentioned, if you are using the "edit and send again" feature, the email will default to the season previously attached to that email.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 01:54 PM.

3. Jane Hammer re-opened this discussion on 02 Jan, 2019 02:49 AM

4. 2 Posted by Jane Hammer on 02 Jan, 2019 02:49 AM

ah okay I see where it says the season it is using for the mailing. I will
    be more careful. It was sort of obscured by a few messages that I have now
    dismissed.
    Anyways,
    Thanks,
    Jane
    Jane Hammer
    Shared Harvest CSA
    PO Box 214
    Arlington MA 02476
    www.SharedHarvestCSA.com
    [email blocked]
    339-368-0504
    Online Signup <http://Sharedharvestcsa.csasignup.com>

5. qroth closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2019 01:22 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac