membership update endless loop

's Avatar

farmer

20 Sep, 2018 05:18 PM

Hi there,

My members are unable to update their memberships to purchase a fall share. I tried it myself and had the same results. When they try to update they get the following error message:

Failure. Our records indicate that you have either not joined the season 2017 Harvest Share or have not completed your checkout. If you have not received an email confirmation of your signup for 2017 Harvest Share, then please continue or restart your signup process.

If they try to sign up for a fall share through the normal registration channels, they get the following error message:
Failure. The following email(s) are already joined to membership(s) for this season:
[email blocked]
for Membership(s) belonging to:
Shiloh Avery
This may be because you have already gone through the signup process or, if you are sharing a membership, one of your partners has. If you are trying to add a share type to your existing membership, please click here. If not, please contact us to continue your sign-up or use a different email address.

What did I do wrong in my set up? I checked and it says it's editable by the customer.

Thanks for your help!
Shiloh Avery
Shiloh's Garden, LLC dba Tumbling Shoals Farm

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 20 Sep, 2018 08:17 PM

Hi Shiloh,

Happy to help.

I think I've found the culprit. I went to Member Assembler > Members > Membership Updates and in the Page Settings, the 2017 season is still set. See attached.

I've changed that to the 2018 Season and only enabled the Fall Share for updates in the Update Types tab.

Can you try it now? I believe that will have fixed things. I think when you were testing, it was trying to sign you up again for the Fall 2017 which is why you got the error.

Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 20 Sep, 2018 08:17 PM.

3. Tumbling Shoals Farm re-opened this discussion on 24 Sep, 2018 08:52 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tumbling Shoals... on 24 Sep, 2018 08:52 PM

Thanks-fixed it, and I learned a new thing. I appreciate your help and prompt reply!

5. qroth closed this discussion on 25 Sep, 2018 02:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac