Four Questions

's Avatar

csa

17 Sep, 2018 02:43 PM

I scanned the KB, but these answers didn't jump out at me--

One
If I want to put a field in my weekly member email that will "see" the member's pickup location for THAT WEEK, as opposed to their primary pickup location (i.e., that will "see" any temporary changes scheduled for that week) what field should I use?

Two A
If I want to put a field in the Weekly Email that will indicate whether a member's share is on HOLD for that week, what field can I use?

Two B
Also is there a field that would indicate if a member is slated to receive a Makeup Share that week?

Three
Do ALL listed members receive the weekly pickup reminders, or only the PRIMARY?

Just hoping to buff up a few things before I turn the program over to Bridget, who starts next week. Thanks for these answers, and all the others over the years!
Marjorie

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 18 Sep, 2018 09:25 PM

Hi Marjorie,

To answer your questions...

One
    The "pickup location" is always going to be what the pickup location is set to at that moment. It does not look to see that there is a scheduled change in the future and that the email is relevant to that future date. It's not very sophisticated. What the scheduled action tool does is actually just do the manual work for you. On the action day, it sets the pickup to the temporary location, and on the revert day at the end of the action, it sets the pickup back to the original.

So, if you just send your email after the "action day" where any temporary pickup location changes run, then it will show that pickup location. Does that make sense?

Two A. There is not a field for showing if someone is on hold or not. But in the automated pickup reminders, if you are using that tool, it will put at the top a big reminder that they are on hold. It sounds like you are talking about the automated pickup reminders, not a general email with the Send Mail tool. So I think we've got you covered there.

Two B. There is not a specific field for reminding them that they are scheduled for a double box.

Three
    All listed contacts get the pickup reminders.

Good luck wherever your travels take you, Marjorie!

Let Bridget know we're happy to answer questions as they come up.

Cheers,
    Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 18 Sep, 2018 09:25 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac