INVALID FILE NAME for photo uploads AGAIN

's Avatar

csa

20 Aug, 2018 09:01 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE do whatever it takes to stop this from occurring. Seemingly randomly, when I try to upload a .jpg for our weekly email, the process stops and the "Invalid File Name" message pops up, and nothing I try to upload seems to work, and you've indicated that the file name is not actually the problem.

1) I need your help to upload the attached image so I can use it in our member email this afternoon, and
2) PLEASE help us stop this from occurring again. This is really frustrating.

Thanks,
Marjoire

1. 1 Posted by Marjorie Simmon... on 20 Aug, 2018 09:10 PM

I'm still working on drafting the email. If you need for me to save and close out, please text me at 804-822-2495.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by qroth on 21 Aug, 2018 01:12 PM

Hi Marjorie:

It looks like you were able to get this uploaded. All you need to do is change the file extension from .jpeg to .jpg. The .jpeg is just a less commonly used version of .jpg.

I'll see about getting the .jpeg extension added as an allowable file type.

Q

3. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2018 01:12 PM.

4. csa re-opened this discussion on 21 Aug, 2018 02:43 PM

5. 3 Posted by csa on 21 Aug, 2018 02:43 PM

Not sure how Anne eventually finagled it—Oddly, it seems to behave differently depending on who is trying to upload and from what location, but that could be our imagination. Thank you for getting the alternate form added so we won’t run into this again. If guess if different source devices are labeling the files differently, that explains why it seemed so random/sporadic.

Marjorie

6. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2018 03:11 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac