Balance Outstanding Question

's Avatar

fallonfoodhub

16 Aug, 2018 07:32 PM

Hello SFC -
On my frontpage summary, we are showing an outstanding balance due for the summer season of around $6800

But when I request payment from members who have a balance larger than $1.00, there are only around $1000 worth of outstanding balances.

Where is the disconnect?

Thanks,
Kelli

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Aug, 2018 02:16 PM

Hi Kelli:

I think this has to do with the way some payments were applied against accounts. Take a look at the screenshot of Mae Gustin's balance listing attached. Because the Spring and Summer shares were set up as separate seasons, there are separate invoices. However it looks like she sent in one check for both seasons. This was just applied to the Spring season, so overall her account looks in balance. She owed $684 and she paid $684 but it is all applied to the Spring season. But if you look at the invoices separately, her spring invoice is looking like it is overpaid and her summer invoice looks like it doesn't have any payments against it.

So for that graph on the front page, it is looking at just the Summer season invoices and payments that are assigned against those invoices.

Does that make sense?

So the ideal way to enter a payment that applies to two seasons would be to enter two separate payments, one each for the appropriate amount and assigned to the appropriate season.

Hope this helps clarify the difference.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Aug, 2018 02:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac