Email delivery issues

Mike Finger

15 Jul, 2018 05:05 AM

Several customers tell me they didn't receive this week's pre-delivery reminder email for their CSA box ( I sent it Tues morning before the Wednesday delivery). When I check the recipients log in MA their names are listed. They tell me they checked their junk mail folders and didn't find any communications from us. Any idea what's going on?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 16 Jul, 2018 01:38 PM

Can you provide some names/emails?

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2018 01:38 PM.

3. Kim Finger re-opened this discussion on 16 Jul, 2018 01:44 PM

4. 2 Posted by Kim Finger on 16 Jul, 2018 01:44 PM

Hi, Q :

The most recent one was Lori Shelmerdine, [email blocked]. She says she didn’t receive the recent CSA email and it wasn’t in her junk file.

I created a membership in my name @ [email blocked] (using “Test” as my pick up) and when I sent myself an email it was diverted to my junk file.

Several people have told me they found emails from our MA/FC email server in their junk files.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
    Cedarville Farm
    360-595-7663

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 16 Jul, 2018 06:18 PM

Hi Mike:

I don't see any bounces or errors related to Lori's email address and it doesn't look like she is marked as unsubscribed (sometimes people accidentally unsubscribe). There was one other thing I could try to make sure she wasn't getting blocked at a higher level. I tried sending her a status email. Can you check to see if she received that?

As for your own email going into spam, that is likely because it was showing as coming form your own address. A lot of times email programs will mark emails that show as coming from their own address as spam.

You'r got the Amazon SES certification on your email account and this should help ensure that emails don't get marked as spam. Additionally, you can encourage folks to add your email address to their address book but otherwise there isn't much more that you can do to prevent other email providers from putting emails into spam.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2018 06:18 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac