Issue # 2: Holds and Pickup Changes not working

's Avatar

csa

28 Jun, 2018 05:20 PM

I'm finding multiple instances this week of members for whom Holds and Pickup Changes were schedule, but our Pickup Lists aren't reflecting the changes I'm entering.

Here's one specific instance regarding a Hold:
Hold order was entered for member Jolene Christensen, but she showed up on this week's Birdhouse Pickup List anyway, and she still shows up on the Week 9 list, and the footnotes at the bottom of the report clearly show her as on hold for 6/24-7/1.

Pickup Location Changes:
Here's a specific example of a member for whom I entered a Pickup location change from Mechanicsville to our "Donation" site (a workaround until I can figure out how your reporting on the donation option works, see previous support request). Attached screen shot shows that despite the change I entered, she showed up on the Mechanicsville Pickup List I printed at 1pm Tuesday, but when I look at the list (still available fr the Pickup List page) she's GONE from the list.

This makes me think there's some kind of latency/data corruption issue? Please advise. Mine are the only hands entering these changes, so it's not like someone else is doing/undoing things of which I'm not aware.

To be clear: These are by no means the only instances, just the two I have time to document/report right now.

Any help getting our lists right will be greatly appreciated. These glitches are embarrassing and make us look unprofessional.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 28 Jun, 2018 06:06 PM

Ok, re: Jolene. If you look at her member notes you can see what happened. I see that the hold in question originally took effect on 6/18. Later that day it looks like someone re-enabled her account (the vacation hold is essentially a disabled status), which removed her from that vacation hold status. Then the hold was edited to change the start and end dates.

But making changes to a hold that has already started won't work. We have a large warning message on that page that tells you"This action has already begun as scheduled. Making a change will not retroactively undo this. If you want to take someone off hold or change their temporary pickup location, you can do so editing the member here. To stop a Makeup Share, unapprove the action. To create a new action for this member here."

The thing to do would be to create a new vacation hold in this situation.

That photo is a bit fuzzy. Is that Bradshaw? They do show up on the Donations list when I run the pickups now. When did you run that list that is pictured?

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2018 06:06 PM.

3. csa re-opened this discussion on 28 Jun, 2018 08:32 PM

4. 2 Posted by csa on 28 Jun, 2018 08:32 PM

Pickup lists were run and printed 1pm Tuesday.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 28 Jun, 2018 08:57 PM

Ok, so I see the temporary pickup change was done at almost that exact time. 12:57.

Did you both make the pickup change and run the pickup lists? Or were these actions done by different people? It seems possible the list was run prior to completing the pickup change?

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2018 08:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac