Group change in Pick up Location

's Avatar

tantrefarm

30 Apr, 2018 02:13 PM

This is Deb from Tantre Farm. I apologize for the length of this note, but we have recently run into a slight problem. Recently we were informed that one of our biggest distribution sites for our CSA members, Community High School, will not be available for our members to pick up nor for us to drop off due to construction plans this summer. We have decided to use the Ann Arbor Farmers Market on Saturday as our new Pick Up location, since it is just across the street. However, since we already have 61 members signed up, I'm wondering if there is a way to make a bulk change to everyone's sign up from Community High to the Sat. Market or if I have to individually change them to this new location that I need to create. We are also giving them options to change their location to other different permanent sites, so that may minimize the number. So my questions are a bit on order of logistics as well as the logistics themselves. 1. Can I change everyone from Community High School to this new location just by changing the name of the Pick Up site on the Pick Up Manager page and just edit all the information that is currently listing Community High to Ann Arbor Farmers Market – Sat. and all 61 members will automatically be changed to that location? 2. Will that mess the accuracy of the Harvest Count, since the software program remembers Community High as the original name when folks first signed up? As you can see, I don't know how this works. 3. Or rather do I need to first delete Community High School as a Pick up Site, then secondly create AA Farm Market -Sat. as a new Pick up Site, or can I just edit the Pick Up site to Ann Arbor Farmers Market – Sat. for the registration page, so I don't get anymore new members signing up at Community High School. This all maybe resolved if it is as simple as editing the site on the Pick Up Manager page. My concern is that it is changing mid sign up, so just not sure if this will mess up the software harvest count. Thanks for your help, and sorry that I couldn't think of how to explain this in a shorter way. If it is easier to talk on the phone, please call me at 734-385-6748.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 30 Apr, 2018 02:43 PM

Hi Deb:

Just change the name and the details of the existing pickup to the new name/information. It will automatically switch that for everyone who is signed up for that location.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 30 Apr, 2018 02:43 PM.

3. Deb Lentz re-opened this discussion on 31 May, 2018 01:34 PM

4. 2 Posted by Deb Lentz on 31 May, 2018 01:34 PM

Hi Q,

I can't seem to get an email question sent through the Contact SFC link and no chat box is popping up. Please let me know if this comes through. Here is what I'm trying to find out:

Hi,

This is Deb from Tantre Farm. I am not seeing the immediate chat box popping up on my computer at all today, so hopefully I can ask my question this way for Member Assembler. Somehow I saved all the 2017 Member Types into my Summer CSA 2018 season, but I would like to remove those from the 2018 season, but not delete them permanently from the Summer CSA 2017 season. They keep popping up when I'm trying to send emails or working on other administrative areas. I know that I can ignore them or not check them for "member dependencies" etc., but from past experience, I know they should not be a part of my Summer CSA 2018 season, and they keep appearing. Is there a way to get all the Summer CSA 2017 member types deleted from the 2018 season? Hope I was clear in my question.

Also, I have a question for a member type that I had established for Summer CSA 2015 called "U of M Employees only (Share for 12 weeks--July 8-Sept. 23) ($384.00)". I think it was hidden from my usual CSA members for Tantre Farm, since this member type was exclusively for U of M employees, but I can't remember how I set it up on the registration page for U of M employees to sign up. Currently I have some folks from Google in Ann Arbor, who have asked to set up a similar member type. The pick up would be exclusively for Google staff, and pick up would be only at Google, so no other Tantre CSA members should be able to register for that site. Is there a way to put that on my site with a separate link or can you remind me what I did before to set that up? Please feel free to call me if that's easier to explain that way. I have already established the Google member type, but our CSA starts this week, so their share would have to be prorated. I have to still set up a description of the Google pick up location as well. My phone number is 734-475-4323. Please advise, and thank you.

Deb

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 31 May, 2018 01:53 PM

Hi Deb:

Unfortunately we've been really swamped here lately and chat is the first thing to go when we are super busy.

As for you questions:

1) Since you copied the 2017 share and options into your 2018 season but aren't using them, you can just delete them. These are a copy of what you had in 2017 but have no real link to that season's data. So while administering the 2018 season, if you go to - Member Assembler --> Configure --> Member Types, you should just be able to "delete" the 2017 share type (and that will automatically delete all the options below it). If you had any members attached to that share type, it wouldn't let you delete it, you'd get an error message.

2) It is not possible to have separate signup pages for certain share types or pickup locations. Usually when someone is doing a situation like this, they'll either just name the pickup something like "Google (for employees only)" or will give it a name like "Private Pickup #1". If you go with the 2nd option, you would just need to tell your contact at Google that their employees should signup using the "Private Pickup #1" option. Nobody else is going to signup using that option because they won't know where/what "Private Pickup #1" is.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 31 May, 2018 01:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac