Member seasonal rollover

's Avatar

ccolonius

26 Feb, 2018 09:47 PM

I have made a mistake, I think, and rolled over my last year members, so when they come back to the site, they will see their status as active, and won't be compelled to re-join. I need help unwinding this. thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 26 Feb, 2018 10:04 PM

Hi Carl:

It looks like there were maybe 22 members rolled over today. Unfortunately there isn't really an easy way to roll back that change. You'd have to go into each membership while administering the 2018 season and remove them from the shares for that season.

You can see the invoices that were created by going to - Member Assembler --> Accounting --> Invoices. The most recent invoices are on the last 2 pages. You can see they all list a 2/26 date.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 26 Feb, 2018 10:04 PM.

3. Carl Colonius re-opened this discussion on 26 Feb, 2018 10:58 PM

4. 2 Posted by Carl Colonius on 26 Feb, 2018 10:58 PM

Carl Colonius
    [email blocked]
    575.770.8940 cell

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 27 Feb, 2018 02:02 PM

HI Carl:

Was there supposed to be a message included in your reply? I just see your contact info.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 02:02 PM.

7. Carl Colonius re-opened this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 03:23 PM

8. 4 Posted by Carl Colonius on 27 Feb, 2018 03:23 PM

> Hi Carl:
    >
    > It looks like there were maybe 22 members rolled over today. Unfortunately there isn't really an easy way to roll back that change. You'd have to go into each membership while administering the 2018 season and remove them from the shares for that season.
    >
    > So suggestions for moving forward? Ultimately, I can roll over everyone, and craft an email to request they come back that goes out with the invoice? Remind me of the steps for that please.
    > You can see the invoices that were created by going to - Member Assembler --> Accounting --> Invoices. The most recent invoices are on the last 2 pages. You can see they all list a 2/26 date.
    >
    > And can you confirm I sent invoice to 22 folks?
    > Let me know if you need any further assistance.
    >
    > Trying to proceed with rollover [Member Assembler/Members /Seasonal Rollover…] and Step 1. Choose source Season - check, then Step 2. Match pickups (no change) and match Type options - then it rolls back to Step 1.?
    >
    > And in Member Assembler/Members/Renewals I see I’ve got 65 Members for 2018 - How do I dis-enroll 2017 members to allow me to then re-invite them? And not necessarily invite them with an invoice?
    >
    > Thanks, Q.

Carl Colonius
    IPhone

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by qroth on 27 Feb, 2018 03:52 PM

Hi Carl:

Ok, it looks like the rollover you did yesterday was everyone that was eligible for rollover. All of your other previous members were already signed up for the new season. There were 22 memberships.

Since you only have Paypal as your checkout and we don't save credit card information in the system with Paypal, it is important to realize that all the rollover process really does is create a new invoice for them for the new season. They still need to pay for the new season's share.

Since you require full payment at checkout, all of your other signups should have a $0 balance but these others will show an outstanding balance. So you could just use the "Payment request" tool (Member Assembler --> Accounting --> Payment Request) to contact these members and give them the choice:

1) Pay your outstanding balance and your email will include a direct link to the payment page

2) Or ask them to contact you and let you know that they don't wish to continue. Then you can just remove them from the new season.

Then ultimately at some future date you'd probably want to look for anyone who didn't pay and didn't bother to contact you and also remove them from this new season.

Does that make sense?

Q

10. qroth closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 03:52 PM.

11. Carl Colonius re-opened this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 04:27 PM

12. 6 Posted by Carl Colonius on 27 Feb, 2018 04:27 PM

Thanks.

How can I ‘dis-enroll’ members that I mistakenly rolled over? I don’t want folks to be able to order until they ante up for the year…

Carl Colonius
    [email blocked]
    575.770.8940 cell

13. Support Staff 7 Posted by qroth on 27 Feb, 2018 04:56 PM

You'll need to go into their individual membership while you are administering the new 2018 season. Then click on the "Types" tab in their membership and there will be a link to "edit types for member". Click that and then it should have a link to "remove user from all types for this season". That'll remove them from all types and delete the invoice for the new season.

14. qroth closed this discussion on 27 Feb, 2018 04:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac