email 'from' field is Apple Inc.

Beth

30 Dec, 2017 03:45 PM

Hi folks. I just sent a test email from MA. The 'from' field displays as "Apple Inc" in our inbox. This is what people see when deciding whether to open the email. Members occasionally tell me this displays as "Amazon." Once the email is opened, the sender field displays properly with our farm name and email.

How can I get the initial 'from' field to display our farm name?

I believe things are set up properly with our farm name under Admin/ Account/ Farm users.
Thanks!
Beth

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 30 Dec, 2017 07:50 PM

Hi Beth,

That's really strange.

If you view the full header of the email, does it say it is coming from [email blocked]? That's where "test" emails get sent "from" as that's just an internal process through our server.

But as far as the regular messages, those should be going through Amazon SES mail, with your verified domain address. There shouldn't be anything weird with them.

It also should be saying that it is from your farm name.

I created a test user group and put myself in it and sent mail from it and that came right to me saying it is from "Tipi Produce via amazonses.com "

Could that be what people say in:re "from Amazon?"

Happy New Year!
    Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 30 Dec, 2017 07:50 PM.

3. Tipi Produce Wholesale re-opened this discussion on 30 Dec, 2017 08:23 PM

4. 2 Posted by Tipi Produce Wh... on 30 Dec, 2017 08:23 PM

Hi Mike. I figured it out. It’s a local issue. I’m using my husband’s computer. In his contacts, he somehow re-set the name for my email from Tipi Produce to Apple Inc. I changed the contact and now it displays properly. To answer your question, once I open the email, it displayed our farm name and email properly.

Yes, I assumed that members meant Amazonses when they said they were getting emails from us with the sender “Amazon.” If it happens again, I’ll ask them more questions.

Thanks for replying over a holiday weekend.
    Beth

5. daniel closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2018 03:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac