pick-up location: only one but with a choice of days...

seth kroeck

15 Sep, 2017 01:49 PM

We have only one pickup location but allow our members to change their pick-up day at will each week. Is there a way to accommodate this option?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 15 Sep, 2017 01:56 PM

Hi Seth:

Just make multiple versions of that pickup, so its is like "Farm Pickup - Monday" and "Farm Pickup - Saturday", for example. That'll let you create the different days.

As for changing the pickup day "at will", there is a pickup location change tool (built in with the vacation hold tool) that allows members to switch their pickup location. Be aware that this tool does have a cutoff for allowing members to do this themselves. Unlike Harvie, Member Assembler works off delivery weeks, so you define an "action day" that is the start of your week. Most farms use Sunday or Monday. The you define how much time before that action day members have to make a change. So members will have a chance to make changes ahead of schedule, but will be stopped from being able to make changes after the week has begun. Of course, as the farmer, you can make changes in the admin if you choose.

Those hold/pickup change settings are done at - Member Assembler --> Holds&Changes --> Holds Settings. Let me know if you have any further questions on that.

Q

2. qroth closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2017 01:56 PM.

3. seth kroeck re-opened this discussion on 15 Sep, 2017 02:21 PM

4. 2 Posted by seth kroeck on 15 Sep, 2017 02:21 PM

Q

Thanks for the quick response. We actually don’t ever ask our members if they want to come to the farm tuesday or friday. We harvest for a ball park number and it always works out. We see this flexibility as another great way to keep retention up. Is there a way to have members sign up without making them choose a day? We really want to keep that flexibility for pickup day clear…

Thanks

Seth Kroeck
    Crystal Spring Farm
    277 Pleasant HIll Road
    Brunswick, Maine, 04011
    [email blocked]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 15 Sep, 2017 02:31 PM

Ok, so if I understand this, basically you have your Farm Pickup and people can theoretically come any of the available days. And I assume you have some other off-site pickups that you do need people to choose a specific day, is that correct?

If so, for the Farm Pickup you could just leave the "day of the week" field set as "N/A" and then in the description just say "Farm Pickup is available on X, Y or Z." Then you should just be able to run a "pickup list" for the Farm location at the beginning of the week and use that as your checklist through out the week as people pick up their shares. You really shouldn't need to do anything specific within Member Assembler to handle that.

If i'm misunderstanding this at all, let me know. And if this might be easier to discuss over the phone, I can give you a call.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 15 Sep, 2017 02:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac