Credit Card Processing

's Avatar

earthspringcsa

15 Apr, 2017 08:32 PM

Hello. A member contact me to say that she was unable to get her credit card payment to process on our web site. I logged into my own account to see if I could make a payment, and it's not working.

Below is the the error message I received.

Payment failed!
Please check your name, address, and billing information. If you continue having problems, please let us know!

Response from server: User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2017 01:00 PM

Have you made any changes to your Authorize.net account? Or did you generate a new transaction key for any reason?

This error indicates that the Authorize.net Login Name or Transaction key that you have in our system is wrong.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 01:00 PM.

3. qroth re-opened this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 01:10 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2017 01:12 PM

If you need to double check your Login Name and generate a new Transaction Key, this help file would walk you through doing that: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/setting-up-...

Q

5. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 01:12 PM.

6. Mike Nolan re-opened this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 03:50 PM

7. 3 Posted by Mike Nolan on 17 Apr, 2017 03:50 PM

Hello. Yes, we did change our Transaction ID number! I just updated it in
    our control panel.

Also, one of our members made a credit card payment, and I can see it was
    completed on Authorize.net, but it never posted to his account in SFC. Are
    you able to help with that? His name is David Epley.

Thank you,
    Jaynie Beard
    Earth Spring Farm
    CSA Manager

8. Support Staff 4 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2017 04:00 PM

Hi Jaynie:

Do you think that missing payment is an issue we need to look into or do you think this was an isolated incident related to that Transaction ID change?

If you think this is an isolated incident and you just want to manually add the payment to the membership, you can just go to the membership and click the "add a payment" button to manually add the payment (like you would with a check). Under the Payment Type option there is an option for "Member Assembler payment: credit card". If you wanted to, you could copy the transaction ID from Authorize.net into the Payment Type Number field to record that as well.

If this is something you want us to look into further, we'd just want to know when the payment happened and the amount. Also it would be good to know when you made the transaction ID changes on your end.

Q

9. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 04:00 PM.

10. Mike Nolan re-opened this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 06:10 PM

11. 5 Posted by Mike Nolan on 17 Apr, 2017 06:10 PM

Hello. The issue with David Epley's payment happened a couple of weeks
    ago, before the Trans. ID was changed.

He had purchased a share and paid in full, and then decided to purchase a
    second share. I re-billed him through authorize.net for the additional
    share, it shows that it was settled successfully, but has not posted in
    member assembler. Can you please look into it? As far as I know, we
    haven't had this problem with any other members payment.

Thanks,
    Jaynie

12. Support Staff 6 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2017 06:24 PM

Ok, so you initiated an invoice through Authorize.net and didn't send a payment request through Member Assembler? If the payment was initiated outside the Member Assembler system, then the payment won't auto populate to the membership.

In a situation like this it would be better to either send them the "make a payment link - http://www.earthspringcsa.com/members/pay - or you can use the Payment Request tool to send an email with a payment link.

To use the Payment Request tool, go to - Member Assembler --> Accounting --> Payment Request. This is generally used to send out requests to large groups of unpaid members, but in the 2nd step you can choose who you want to receive the email and it is possible to only select one membership.

But if a payment is made outside the initial checkout or not using our payment page, even though it is going through Member Assembler, you'll need to manually add it against the membership.

Q

13. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 06:24 PM.

14. Mike Nolan re-opened this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 06:28 PM

15. 7 Posted by Mike Nolan on 17 Apr, 2017 06:28 PM

Thanks for your help. I processed the transaction directly through
    authorize.net, and just assumed they'd report it to you all. I just
    manually added the payment to the members account, and now I know to not
    process payments that way anymore!

Jaynie

16. Support Staff 8 Posted by qroth on 17 Apr, 2017 07:17 PM

It's possible to use your Authorize.net account through multiple services so unless you run it through our software, Authorize.net doesn't know to report the successful payment back to us.

If you ever run into a situation where someone is just trying to give you their credit card information to make a payment, you can use that payment link I listed - http://www.earthspringcsa.com/members/pay and just enter the member's email address. That'll bring up their balance owed and let you add their credit card information to complete the payment.

17. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2017 07:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac