Merging two users into one membership

Laura Frerichs

17 Feb, 2017 03:32 PM

Hello! I have a a member, Jennifer, that has already signed up and paid for their membership this season, and I have another returning member, Michelle, that wants to split a share with them. I need to add Michelle as a 2nd user to Jennifer's membership, but when I try to search for her as an existing user, she does not pop up in search results. When I try to add another user and enter in Michelle's information, it says that I need to enter in her e-mail address (even though it is already written in the box). Any ideas? Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Feb, 2017 03:46 PM

The main problem here is if Michelle is already connected with one membership, she can't be added to another membership without being disconnected from her previous membership (a single email address can only be associated with one membership at a time).

If Michelle was sharing a membership with someone else in the past, you could just remove her user from that membership and that will free her up to be added to the other.

However, if Michelle is the only user on her old membership, you might have to swap out her real email address for a placeholder (while you could just delete this membership, we recommend against that because that deletes the whole membership record). Assuming this is a membership no longer in use, you can just use a non-functional placeholder; so if her email is "[email blocked]", you might just change that one to "[email blocked]".

If you need further clarification, I would need to know the full names of the people in question here. It looks like you have 7 Jennifers and 5 Michelles in your database, so i'm not sure which people we are actually discussing.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2017 03:46 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac