Odd occurance with signup link

's Avatar

fullharvestfarm

25 Jan, 2017 11:27 PM

One of my returning CSA members just emailed me that she clicked on the signup link in an email I had sent out, but it did not take her to our farm, but to "Warner Farm" in Massachusetts.
How can a link like ours, fullharvestfarm.csasignup.com, take her to a completely different farm?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Terry

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 26 Jan, 2017 02:14 PM

Hi Terry:

Ok, I looked at the email you sent out on 1/11. I see what happened here. In the third paragraph where it shows the link "fullharvestfarm.csasignup.com", the actual link associated with that text is just "www.csasignup.com" without the "fullharvestfarm" at the beginning. So that's why it didn't take them to the Full Harvest Harm Member Assembler page. Why it took them to the Warner Farm page, I'm not sure. I think they might be our oldest active Member Assembler only account, so it defaults to them if you don't put any appropriate farmname at the beginning of the URL.

But it looks like you were encouraging people to first go to your main site and then click on the link from there, so if people followed those directions they would have been okay. Just be careful inserting those links to make sure you put a properly formatted link in there to ensure the link works and takes people to the right page.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2017 02:14 PM.

3. Chuck-Terry Frase-Vlossak re-opened this discussion on 26 Jan, 2017 03:24 PM

4. 2 Posted by Chuck-Terry Fra... on 26 Jan, 2017 03:24 PM

Hi Q:
    THanks for your quick reply.
    Yes, if people follow my directions, they'll get to the right place to sign
    up for our CSA.
    However, the link to it on our website IS "fullharvestfarm.csasignup.com",
    NOT "www.csasignup.com". When I clicked on that in your email, it took me
    to the Warner Farm website, not our website. I, too, wondered if Warner
    Farm was the first customer for your CSA software, and it defaulted to that
    site.
    I'm sure any returning members of ours will recognize they're at the wrong
    website and go back thru ours.
    Thanks again,
    Regards,

*Terry *
    *Terry Vlossak and Charles J. Frase, Owners*
    *Full Harvest Farm, LLC*
    *7112 County Rd. S*
    *Hartford, WI 53027*
    *262 673-6760*
    www.fullharvestfarm.com

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 26 Jan, 2017 03:37 PM

Hi Terry:

Just for clarification of what I was saying, the link on your main website is correct, it is the 2nd link in your email that looks right in the text, but actually links to the generic www.csasignup.com.

If you go to your Mail Archive and click the "edit and send again" button next to that email, you can take a closer look. Click on the text for that fullharvest.csasignup.com link and then click the "insert/edit link" button in the toolbar. The attached popup window will come up.

As you can see there are two fields - one for the URL (where the link actually goes) and one for the "Text to Display" (what shows up as text in the email itself). As you can see by looking in this particular case, the link shows as one URL but links to another.

Hope the attached image helps clarify.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2017 03:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac