Email Lists

William

06 Jan, 2017 01:29 PM

I have 5 categories of email lists (general, purchased mail order, purchased on farm, etc). Is there duplication of addresses among those lists or when the software program adds an email to a category does it only add it to one category? I'd hate to be sending multiple copies of emails to the same user.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 06 Jan, 2017 02:55 PM

Hi William:

If you are sending out an email to multiple user groups at once and a user is attached to more than one of those groups, they will only be sent the email once.

However, if you sent the email once to one group and then decide to copy and re-send the email to another group, it would be possible for a person to get multiple copies.

The 'general mailing list' is a list that at this point people will be added to if they complete the form on the website or if you manually add them to that group. The "ordered on website" is an import we did for you and nobody new will be added to that group unless you manually add them. The "Local" group looks like maybe something you created perhaps. And the other "Ordered from..." groups, people are added to those groups when they order from those specific departments. So whether a person is in multiple groups really depends on how they've interacted with the site.

But like I said, if you are sending to all groups at once, like you did with your most recent email, it will only send out one email per email address even if they are in multiple user groups, so no need to worry.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 06 Jan, 2017 02:55 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac