Encouraging members to sign up for multiple seasons at once.

Bart

04 Jan, 2017 08:31 PM

I have 3 separate seasons set up for 2017 (2017 Spring, 2017 Summer and 2017 Fall). I want to offer some sort of incentive for my members to sign up for more than one of the seasons when they first join. Example 1, if Customer A signs up for a spring share and a fall share, I would like to give them 5% off. Example 2, if customer B signs up far a spring share, a summer share and a fall share, I would like to give them 10% off. My main purpose would be to encourage members to sign up for 2 or 3 seasons instead of just 1. I would love to hear some suggestions on how different farms have done this in the past. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 04 Jan, 2017 09:57 PM

Hi Bart:

Daniel has filled us in on your situation.

Normally an ideal solution to this would be to just create the one overarching season with the different seasonal shares as different share types within the season. This allows you to get multiple season signups at once and allows you to more easily create combo discounts. However, as you've discovered, since you have the different pickup locations for the different seasons, this causes a different problem.

Because you need a unique pickup for each season, each seasonal share ends up being its own season within Member Assembler. Doing this then means that members need to sign up for each share separately and there isn't any way to set up easy combo discounts for signing up for combinations of 2 or 3 share types. As Daniel suggested, you could use coupons to give discounts but that has several drawbacks of its own.

Looking at your pickups for each season, it seems like there are 4 pickups that aren't available in all 3 seasons (if i'm reading this all right) - Jackson Farmers Market (not available in the Fall), Collier (not available in Spring or Fall), Bolivar (not available in Fall) and the Falcon Ridge Saturday pickup (not available in the Fall). I guess the question is how many members do you think you have who pick up at these pickups? Is this a small enough number of members that it would make sense to combine all the shares into one season and just have to do some manual adjusting of members pickup locations as you transition between seasons? It seems worth a discussion if you really want to simplify the initial signup and do the discounts.

That would essentially mean on the pickups page telling members to choose the Summer pickup they want. Then you'd have 2 options:

1) you could just manually keep an eye on signups as they come in and when you see someone who chose one of those 4 pickups, you confirm if there are any pickup conflicts and follow up with them to see what their alternate pickup is.

2) Or we could add custom form questions that would ask them "If you signed up for a Spring share and chose the Collier pickup for your summer pickup, where do you want to pick up your Spring share (since Collier is not available as a pickup in the spring)?" and another similar question for the Fall.

I think that 2nd option could be confusing for people, so if you were to go this route, I think just manually contacting people would make more sense.

Think about it and we can discuss a bit more.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 04 Jan, 2017 09:57 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac