Credit from 2016 to 2017

's Avatar

info

26 Dec, 2016 06:09 PM

Hi-
I offered a $25 discount on a 2017 membership for referrals in 2016. I'm trying to figure out how to apply a $25 credit to some of my members' accounts that will transfer when I create a new season and they sign up again in 2017.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 26 Dec, 2016 07:14 PM

Hi! Is this Sarah?

What is the easiest thing for you to do is to give people a coupon to use at checkout for 2017. You can make sure that they know it is non-transferrable and you can also set it that it is only effective if they have a 2017 Vegetable Share at checkout.

Our system does not automatically carry balances into the checkout for Member Assembler. So if you give someone a credit of a payment on their last season, ie they "overpay" it by $25, they'll still get charged the full amount when they check out on the new season even though the member's overall balance would be $25 less.

There are some other ways to get around all this. Because your checkout options are invoice or paypal, if someone forgets to use the coupon, you can apply it later or just adjust their invoice however you need to.

A coupon is best, though, because you can track the usage of that so it's only the people to whom you are giving the referral discount.

Have a good New Year!
    Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 26 Dec, 2016 07:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac