Flyer/Poster on our home page needs to be clear

's Avatar

linda.marq

21 Dec, 2016 10:09 PM

Hi. I've been corresponding with Q re flyer image on our opening page (HillsidePastures). I have the flyer file in pdf 26mb. I also have image in jpg 4mb.

I want to know how to post so it's clear.
This is message from the graphics designer:
"The 300-dpi image I sent most recently is size 2475 pixels by 3225 pixels. The suggestion from Q Roth Farmer Support was 600 by 800. It appears to me that your web software may be resizing your image because of its large file size."

Please advise. I've encountered many web images in our farming circles that have readable text. What do you need?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 22 Dec, 2016 02:59 PM

Hi Linda:

Check it out now. I think it is better.

Ok, I figured out where we were having the problem here. When a photo is uploaded, there are 2 versions of the photo saved - an original and a re-sized version that is ideal for most uses on the site, such as the gallery, etc. When you select a photo, it is grabbing the resized version which is re-sized to only be 500 pixels wide. On the home page we were trying to make the image larger than that so it was stretching it some.

When you choose a photo, you'll see the URL for the photo will look something like this: http://www.hillsidepastures.com/images/gallery/w500/1289613344_a504...

In the middle of that URL, you'll see where it says "w500". If you swap out that text for "original", it will link to the original file of the image. So that's what I did and that appears to have helped the clarity of the image.

I will say that the reason this was so noticeable is that the text on that image is already really small so just that small adjustment of 50 pixels was causing the text to be distorted. If there is any text that can be removed in the future so the overall font size could be increased, I think that would go a long way to making it more legible.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2016 02:59 PM.

3. Linda Marquardt re-opened this discussion on 22 Dec, 2016 04:25 PM

4. 2 Posted by Linda Marquardt on 22 Dec, 2016 04:25 PM

That's great. I understand, and will save these instructions in case
    needed in the future (unlikely, but possible if we're using something that
    is published elsewhere).
    Thanks so much! Linda

*Linda & Daniel Marquardt*
    *www.HillsidePastures.com <http://www.hillsidepastures.com/>*
    *6511 Hillside School Road, *
    *Spring Green, WI 53588*
    *(608) 588-5854 L*

5. qroth closed this discussion on 22 Dec, 2016 04:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac