Survey capacity within MA?

's Avatar

lisa

17 Oct, 2016 03:38 PM

Hello,
I know you have added a "rate your share" feature, but is there a way to create a short (4 question) survey to email members for season-end feedback? If not, then if I created a survey withing google docs or something, would I just have to email the link within one of my regular emails I send to all members? Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 17 Oct, 2016 04:31 PM

Hi Lisa:

Member Assembler doesn't have a survey option within it, but I do see that you also subscribe to our website tools. With our Cultivator website package you do have access to custom forms that can be used for surveys.

Go to - Create Content --> Forms --> New Form to create a new form. Once you create your form, you can go to - Create Content --> Forms --> Manage and click on the form name to open up the public page. Then you can copy the URL from the address bar and add the link to your email.

Later once you've collected your responses, you can go back to that Manage Forms page to either view or export the responses.

Of course if you choose to use Google Forms, you can do the same thing of just linking to the form via an email.

Any further questions, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 17 Oct, 2016 04:31 PM.

3. Lisa Griffin re-opened this discussion on 18 Oct, 2016 02:09 AM

4. 2 Posted by Lisa Griffin on 18 Oct, 2016 02:09 AM

Thanks for the reply.
    In an different issue, we are working on setting pricing for next summer,
    and I am wondering, if we set a certain price now, and raise it later (say,
    January) will folks that have not paid in full yet be affected? Or is their
    invoice created when they sign up and check out, so it wouldn't be subject
    to a price increase if we changed the price of a share later?
    We usually do an early bird pricing where folks can lock in 2016 rates for
    next year, but we are not ready to set the 2017 price just yet.

Lisa Griffin
    (860) 986-2284
    Oxen Hill Farm Family
    USDA Organic Produce
    www.oxenhillfarm.com

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 18 Oct, 2016 01:50 PM

Hi Lisa:

So you don't know what the 2017 prices will be yet?

Normally we would recommend setting the share prices at the new season level and then building an "early bird" discount into the new season to bring the prices back down to the 2016 levels.

Setting the price and then changing the price on a share won't automatically affect someone who is already signed up but there can be unintended consequences. If the member later makes an update to their share or if you need to go in and add an adjustment to their invoice, at that time the invoice would be re-built and it would grab the current price for the share type. This could result in someone who signed up under 2016 pricing to be bumped up to the 2017 pricing.

So ideally you would do as I first mentioned, set the 2017 share prices at their 2017 levels and then build in early bird discounts to bring them back down to 2016 levels for the early bird period.

Another option if you don't have the 2017 pricing ready would be to create share options at the 2016 pricing and then at the end of the early bird period you would create a new set of share options with the new pricing and then disable the 2016 priced share options. This would maintain your pricing integrity but when it came time for pickup lists and other reporting, you would have two versions of each share option, so your pickup list option counts might look something like this:

Summer Calf (early bird)
    Summer Calf
    Summer Ox (early bird)
    Summer Ox
    Summer Boxed (early bird)
    Summer boxed

Does that make sense?

Let me know if you have further questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2016 01:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac