Signing up current members for Fall Shares

Bart Gilmer

21 Jul, 2016 03:13 PM

I have had my 2016 season set up with member types for a spring season and a summer season. Now I would like to let my current members sign up for the fall season that I have just added. I added another member type labeled Fall Season. I believe it is set up and ready and I am trying to find the best way to let them sign up for the Fall Season. I do have a discount set up for returning members that I would like them to be able to use. Thanks in advance.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 21 Jul, 2016 04:04 PM

Hi Bart:

Ok, there's a couple things here I want to go over with you to answer your questions.

1) Because you have the spring, summer and fall shares as separate types under an overarching 2016 season, people who are already signed up in the 2016 season for the spring and/or summer share will not be able to sign up just through that main signup page. If they try it will tell them that they are already signed up for the current season.

These people will want to either login to the members area and click on the "update your current share options" link there or simply click the "Update Your Membership" link in the side-column of the signup page (links to http://falconridgefarm.csasignup.com/members/updatemembership). Here they will be given the option to adjust any share type available for update.

You can adjust what share types that are available for updates by going to - Member Assembler --> Members --> Membership Updates. You'll want to make sure that the Fall season is selected here.

2) Because all three season shares are part of the same season in Member Assembler, the "returning member" discount won't work. That only gets added at the initial signup for a season and it is looking to see if a member has been part of a previous Member Assembler season.

So, considering these things you have a couple options:

1) You could create a whole new season "Fall 2016" and set up the returning member discount on that new season. This would allow you to send all interesting parties, whether they are current spring/summer shareholders or not to the same http://falconridgefarm.csasignup.com/ page for signups and the returning members from the earlier 2016 season will automatically get the discount.

To create a new season, go to - Member Assembler --> Configure --> Seasons. You can choose to copy member types, pickups, charges/discounts and custom forms from your current season and then edit as necessary.

2) Another option would be to just open the Fall signups to returning members for a select period (say, for the next week). You would turn off the public signup so no new members could signup and returning members would go through the membership update process. During this time you could set up a discount against the Fall member type using the "Charge/Discount with Member Type and Location Filter" to offer the 5% off during the specific time period.

After that period was over, you could then open signup to anyone. At that point, the "returning" members wouldn't get the discount anymore but they would have been given the chance to get the discount previously.

Hopefully these options make sense. Ultimately for 2017 you could set up all of your spring, summer and fall shares under a "2017" season and use the "Charge/Discount for Multiple Member Type Combination" feature to offer a discount for selecting multiple share types.

I know there's a lot going on here, so if you need any clarification on what i'm outlining here, please either email back or if you think it would be better to discuss over the phone, give us a call at 412-567-3864.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 21 Jul, 2016 04:04 PM.

3. Bart Gilmer re-opened this discussion on 25 Jul, 2016 10:42 PM

4. 2 Posted by Bart Gilmer on 25 Jul, 2016 10:42 PM

Thanks for all the info Q. I do have a follow up...

I get the following message when trying to set my "membership updates"
    option. Any suggestions?

Choose the member types that your customers can update. Use 'page settings'
    to change the season you are allowing for update.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
    /home/sfcsmal/public_html/admin/ma/admin_membership_updates.php on line 139
    No member types are currently allowed for public updating.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 26 Jul, 2016 12:53 PM

Not sure why that was showing. I turned the membership updates off and then back on and now it appears to be showing the Membership Update options correctly. Try it again and let me know if you still have any problems.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 26 Jul, 2016 12:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac