Cleaning up old seasons and location

's Avatar

cathy

05 May, 2016 07:56 PM

When I go into send an email I still see all of the seasons, even the ones that are inactive. I also see all of the old locations. How can I maintain this so that is less confusing.

1. 1 Posted by Hannah Ridge on 05 May, 2016 08:15 PM

Hi, Cathy. There are two mailing list tools: the Member Assembler Mailing List is the first page, which will show the recipients as organized by Member Type and by Pickup Location, based on the season you select. The Regular Mailing List, which is the one it sounds like you are talking about, will show recipients organized by User Group. User Groups are also automatically created when someone signs up for a certain pickup location, so all of them, including those for past seasons. To make these User Groups disappear, you can archive them individually at Administrate> Users> Manage Groups. When archived, they should no longer appear in the list.

If you were referring to a different problem, please give more detail. A screenshot would also be very helpful.

Hannah
    Farmer Support

2. Hannah Ridge closed this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:15 PM.

3. Cathy Stewart re-opened this discussion on 05 May, 2016 08:27 PM

4. 2 Posted by Cathy Stewart on 05 May, 2016 08:27 PM

I’ll work with the User Groups, but here are the screen shots of what I am frustrated by.

There should only be 3 active seasons – July Start, Spring/Summer Season May 30th – October 6th Final Short Term Spring Season ……

[cid:[email blocked]]

Further down, the pick up locations aren’t sorting alphabetically, even though we’ve done this on the configuration page.

[cid:[email blocked]]

5. 3 Posted by Hannah Ridge on 06 May, 2016 03:52 PM

Hi, Cathy. I'm sorry this is frustrating you.

All of the seasons are listed as small links so that you can easily switch recipient seasons without having to change the season you are administering. That they are listed as links does not mean that they are turned on or active. This is just a short-cut that we've written in to make sending emails to past member easier.

The pickup location screenshot appears to be from the season "Final Short Term Spring Season Current - May 29th." If you look at the pickups in that season (first change the admin season at MA> Config> Seasons), they are in the same order. If the "Sending to..." were for the January which is the season you were administering, then the pickups would be in the correct order because that's the order they are weighted in a MA> Configure> Pickups.

I hope this clarifies things. I may be misunderstanding your system, but the only "July start" season I see if from 2015, and only two seasons are turned on for signup--is that what you mean by active? You can check this out at MA> Configure> Seasons.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Hannah
    Farmer Support

6. Hannah Ridge closed this discussion on 06 May, 2016 03:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac