Returning Member screen

's Avatar

chris

02 May, 2016 01:16 PM

I have received many emails over the past few years from 'Returning Customers'
after they have signed in using the 'Returning Member' link.
The next screen after they fill in their info is absolutely identical to the previous screen,
giving them no indication that anything happened. Giving them the idea to send me emails in frustration.
Any chance you guys could add something in that next screen to let the customer
know that, yes indeed they are now signed in??
Thanks,
Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 02 May, 2016 01:39 PM

Hi Chris:

You mean after they click on the custom link in the email they receive? I've never really heard farms having issues with people getting confused at that point.

One option you do have is to remove that level of sending the verification email with the link. You can do this by going to - Member Assembler --> Configure --> Display Settings and there is an option at the very bottom of the page for "Returning Members Must Confirm ID Through Email ". Unclick and save.

This does take them directly into the signup process and shows a message that says "Welcome back, member name! Click here to continue with your signup."

If you want to keep the email verification step, let me know and I can check with our developer about getting a "welcome back" message appearing after people click the link in their email.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 02 May, 2016 01:39 PM.

3. Chris @ Tempel Farms Organics re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2016 02:59 PM

4. 2 Posted by Chris @ Tempel ... on 02 May, 2016 02:59 PM

Why would that option exist?
    If the returning customer is not signing up using the same machine they used
    the previous year, will they be recognized by the system?

Chris & Tania Cubberly
    Co-Farm Managers, Tempel Farms Organics
    Farm Address | 17970 W. Millburn Rd. | Old Mill Creek, Illinois 60083
    Billing Address | 17000 W. Wadsworth Rd. | Wadsworth, Illinois 60083
    website | www.tempelfarmsorganics.com

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 02 May, 2016 03:21 PM

The customer will still need to click the "returning member" link and enter their email address and based on the email address it will recognize them. It isn't based on the machine they are using.

The "email verification" step just provides a sense of security. Some people like it, but because we don't save the credit card information, there isn't any truly sensitive information being revealed by removing this verification step. I generally recommend removing this step as it makes the signup process flow a little easier for your members.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 02 May, 2016 03:21 PM.

7. Chris @ Tempel Farms Organics re-opened this discussion on 02 May, 2016 03:44 PM

8. 4 Posted by Chris @ Tempel ... on 02 May, 2016 03:44 PM

I am talking about the returning member link.
    I think we're talking about two different things. Phone calls are so much quicker and to the point.
    Anyway you could call me?
    773-5 62-7861

Chris Cubberly
    Farm Manager, Tempel Farms Organics
    Farm Address | 17970 W. Millburn Rd. | Old Mill Creek, Illinois 60083<x-apple-data-detectors://20>
    Billing Address | 17000 W. Wadswworth Rd. | Wadsworth, Illinois 60083<x-apple-data-detectors://21>
    website | www.tempelfarmsorganics.com<http://www.tempelfarmsorganics.com/>

9. qroth closed this discussion on 02 May, 2016 04:14 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac