How to address 2 members from 2015 who want to be on 1 membership in 2016

's Avatar

goodearthfarmcsa

25 Apr, 2016 08:46 PM

Hello,
Two users who were separate members in 2015 now want to split a share and be on the same membership this year, 2016. However, I cannot put them together as the system tells me that the second user is already tied to an account (from 2015). I don't want to delete her as a user since I still want a record that she was a member in 2015.
Suggestions?
Thank you

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 25 Apr, 2016 08:52 PM

An email account can only be attached to one membership at a time. Here's what you can do:

Go into one of the memberships - it doesn't really matter which one. Go to the user information and edit the user information. You are going to slightly change the user's email so that their real email can be attached to the other membership.

So for example, if one of the memberships is attached to "[email blocked]", just change it to something like "[email blocked]". This keeps the record of their old membership around and also still allows it to be found should you do a search by the original email address.

Having done that, you should be able to go into the other membership and add the email to that membership.

Any questions, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 08:52 PM.

3. Good Earth Farm re-opened this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 08:57 PM

4. 2 Posted by Good Earth Farm on 25 Apr, 2016 08:57 PM

Thanks, Q.

On Apr 25, 2016 3:52 PM, qroth <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line
    ==================================================

An email account can only be attached to one membership at a time. Here's what you can do:

Go into one of the memberships - it doesn't really matter which one. Go to the user information and edit the user information. You are going to slightly change the user's email so that their real email can be attached to the other membership.

So for example, if one of the memberships is attached to "[email blocked]", just change it to something like "[email blocked]". This keeps the record of their old membership around and also still allows it to be found should you do a search by the original email address.

Having done that, you should be able to go into the other membership and add the email to that membership.

Any questions, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

On Mon, Apr 25 at 01:46 PM PDT, wrote:

Hello,
    Two users who were separate members in 2015 now want to split a share and be on the same membership this year, 2016. However, I cannot put them together as the system tells me that the second user is already tied to an account (from 2015). I don't want to delete her as a user since I still want a record that she was a member in 2015.
    Suggestions?
    Thank you

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: How to address 2 members from 2015 who want to be on 1 membership in 2016.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

5. qroth closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 09:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac