Meta refresh in script block?

's Avatar

christina

22 Apr, 2016 10:34 PM

Hello SFC support,

I am helping Skipper Otto's CSF with their website and online marketing.

We would like to automatically funnel new members to skipperotto.com/thank-you once they have completed their check out. Is it possible to put a meta refresh or perhaps a javascript redirect in the advanced Script Block to achieve this?

It looks like it could go in there but I'm not sure if that script block gets loaded in the necessary page or code location.

Please advise what you recommend for a redirect after sign up.

Cheers,
Christina

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 25 Apr, 2016 12:36 PM

Hi Christina,

There are two script block options. Under Advanced, there is a block that will only appear on Member Assembler signup complete screens.

That being said, a meta-refresh, I believe, has to be in the header of a web page and runs when the page first loads. I don't think that is a good option because it may force the page away before all of the necessary processing of the checkout is done.

I advised Chris against, in general, having some kind of "jump script" off of these pages. He'd said it was in order to track signups, which you could do with a javascript code snipped in this post-signup script block.

If there is important information to display - just text and graphics - after a signup, that can be done through a combination of the confirmation email or the display on the screen.

Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 12:36 PM.

3. Chrisitna re-opened this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 03:45 PM

4. 2 Posted by Chrisitna on 25 Apr, 2016 03:45 PM

Thanks Mike, that's exactly what I needed to know. We want the member to end up back on the website of origin for a variety of reasons (tracking being one of them) so we'll try the Javascript option and see how it works.

I suspected the meta refresh was not going to work here.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Mike on 25 Apr, 2016 03:56 PM

OK. Please be sure to test it out a lot to make sure the signups are fully completed through different checkout options. It would be bad to lose any of that information or show someone a "completed" message without having it really been completed.

6. Mike closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2016 03:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac