refunds

's Avatar

carol

15 Apr, 2016 09:24 PM

Learning about how you issue refunds. I have read the section "Documenting Member Refunds," and it makes sense, except we need to do a lot of small refunds. For example, prorated delivery fees (for signups after the beginning of the season), bad / spoiled produce (usually $3-$5), and $10 referral credits. How do we give refunds in this case? Normally I simply reduce one of the scheduled payments by the amount of the refund (if they have credit card scheduled payments), or their balance is lowered if they pay by check. Is that the correct way to do it?

1. 1 Posted by Hannah Ridge on 16 Apr, 2016 01:12 PM

Hi, Carol. The main part about refunds is that there has to be an adjustment on the payment side and on the invoice side.

If the person has already paid (and you have the money in the bank), the refund is added as a payment, but with the amount as a negative number and the payment type as a refund. If the person is scheduled to pay, you can simply lower one of their scheduled payments. If the person hasn't paid for everything, and the refund is less than what they still owe, then it is not technically a refund.

In all cases, an adjustment must be made on the invoice side. When viewing the invoice, a discount labelled "Refund" should be added.

It doesn't really matter what the reason is; the process is more dependent on whether the person has paid. Hopefully I covered the different possibilities.

Does this answer your question?

Hannah
    Farmer Support

2. Hannah Ridge closed this discussion on 16 Apr, 2016 01:12 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac