change member email address

's Avatar

farm

16 Feb, 2016 05:37 PM

Hi. A member emailed me asking if I can update/change his email address, but when I try, I get a message saying that the "email address is already in the system" and it won't let me update.

Any ideas?

thanks

Kate Ramoth

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 16 Feb, 2016 05:51 PM

Hi Kate:

You can always search your entire user database by going to - Administrate --> Users --> Manage Users. There is a chance this email address was previously attached to a different membership or maybe that email address is in the database because they used it to make a purchase in the store. By looking it up here, you'll be able to see if it is connected with a membership (there will be a membership # listed) or not (no membership # listed) .

If not associated with another membership, you could either 1) delete the user and then change the email account associated with their membership, or 2) just add this other user to their membership. For option #2, go to the Users tab in their membership and click the "add another user to this membership". You can then use the search function to find that other email address and add it as a secondary user on the account.

If this other email is already associated with another membership, you'll need to remove it from that membership. If there are multiple users on that membership, it should be easy to remove them from the membership. If they are the only user on the membership, instead of deleting the membership (which would be an easy solution but then makes you lose that membership data), Instead I would just suggest editing that email to be something different - for example, if it were [email blocked], just make it [email blocked]. You're basically just creating a placeholder on that old membership.

Hopefully that makes sense. Any questions, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2016 05:51 PM.

3. Vollmecke Orchards CSA re-opened this discussion on 16 Feb, 2016 07:57 PM

4. 2 Posted by Vollmecke Orcha... on 16 Feb, 2016 07:57 PM

thank you!

5. qroth closed this discussion on 16 Feb, 2016 08:05 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac