Merging accounts

's Avatar

jubileefarm

11 Feb, 2016 02:04 PM

Hello,

I am wondering if there is any way to merge member accounts. We have a member who has created and been using two different accounts on accident, and I would like all of her information merged into one account. Both have previous years/session information in them. Is there an easier way to do this than by hand adding her past invoices and payments?

Thank you for your help in the matter!

Sincerely,
Alina

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 11 Feb, 2016 02:53 PM

Hi Alina:

Unfortunately at this time the only way to really merge them would be to manually copy all of the information from one membership to another and then delete the one.

But, we were just talking about this issue at our staff meeting on Tuesday and we are looking at solutions that would automate this. No timeline on this right now, but thought you'd like to know that this is something that we'll hopefully have a solution for in the future.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 11 Feb, 2016 02:53 PM.

3. Erick & Wendy Haakenson re-opened this discussion on 13 Feb, 2016 12:47 AM

4. 2 Posted by Erick & Wendy H... on 13 Feb, 2016 12:47 AM

Hello,
    I am trying to manually add one account to the other as you mentioned. So I deleted the account with the fewest sessions under it, and am adding those past sessions to the main account, with many years worth of sessions under it. However, the member would like to use the e-mail address that was associated with the smaller account. I deleted the smaller account and am trying to change the e-mail address (on the now only existing account) to her other e-mail address. This Failure. User update failed. The email you changed this user to already exists in your records. Please try again.
    keeps coming up. What am I to do? The old account is deleted and all the info is gone, yet it seems I am still unable to use her e-mail address to associate with her larger account.
    Help please!?
    Sincerely,Alina
    Jubilee Farmhttp://jubileefarm.org/
    https://www.facebook.com/jubileebiodynamicfarm/

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 13 Feb, 2016 01:27 PM

Hi Alina:

Deleting the membership will not automatically delete the user account that was associated with it.

Go to - Administrate --> Users --> Manage Users and look up that email. You can then delete that user account. Then you should be able to go into the new membership and change the email address.

Q

6. qroth closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2016 01:27 PM.

7. Erick & Wendy Haakenson re-opened this discussion on 13 Feb, 2016 02:44 PM

8. 4 Posted by Erick & Wendy H... on 13 Feb, 2016 02:44 PM

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the information, and quick response!

Alina

Sent from my iPhone

9. qroth closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2016 07:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac