accepting credit card payments

's Avatar

jlamonaca

01 Feb, 2016 03:19 PM

My payment arrangement for my CSA is 3 equal payments of $180. First due at signup, 2nd Feb1 and 3rd May1. At signup, they can pay a down payment of $180 using a credit card, no problem. It is the second payment that seems to be the issue. I send them a payment link, but they can only pay the outstanding balance. Otherwise they have to mail a check. Is there a way to configure the payment link to accept a partial payments? I would like my customers to be able to make this 2nd payment using a credit card if they choose. If not, can I send them directly to my PayPal? Thanks for your help.

Jen

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 01 Feb, 2016 03:36 PM

Hi Jen:

Have you tried using the Payment Request tool?

When it is time for your second payment you can send a payment reminder with a request for a specific payment. Go to - Member Assembler --> Account --> Payment Request. Here's a help file on using that tool: http://support.smallfarmcentral.com/kb/member-assembler/requesting-...

Basically what you'll be wanting to do is asking for 50% of the remaining balance at the time of the 2nd payment. This will calculate the amount for each member and provide them with a direct link to click on to make the exact payment.

If someone goes to the payment page and there isn't an outstanding payment request for them, it should offer them the ability to make 25, 50 or 100% payments.

I hope this helps. If you need any assistance using the tool, please let us know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2016 03:36 PM.

3. Jennifer Lamonaca re-opened this discussion on 01 Feb, 2016 05:22 PM

4. 2 Posted by Jennifer Lamona... on 01 Feb, 2016 05:22 PM

thanks! got it.

5. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2016 05:48 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac