how can I get email sent from member assembler to appear with my farm name in people's inboxes?

Laura Sackton

14 Dec, 2015 08:52 PM

Hello,

I am composing a seasonal rollover email and I'd like to use the SFC email to do it. I typically don't email from SFC, but send emails from Mail Chimp. When I start composing the email in member assembler, it gives me an option to choose what email to send with. The email available comes up as "Laura Sackton <[email blocked]>" When I send a test email, the name that shows up in my inbox is "Laura Sackton". I would like it to show up as First Root Farm.

The only other time I've used the SFC email service is to send out payment reminders. From looking back through emails I've sent, it looks like those appear as coming from First Root Farm (though I'm not quite sure).

So my question is: is there a way for emails sent through member assembller to show up in people's inboxes as from "First Root Farm" rather than my name?

Thanks,
Laura

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 14 Dec, 2015 08:58 PM

Hi Laura:

When sending emails through the "Send emails" tool, it uses the name information connected with that email address in the "Farm Users" setup. To change that, you can go to - Administrate --> Account --> Farm Users and simply edit the name associated with that email account to be the farm name.

Other system generated emails and payment emails just come from whatever you have set as your main email address in the general account settings (which in this case is the same email address), but those emails default to showing up from being from the farm name.

Hope this helps clarify things. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 14 Dec, 2015 08:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac