customer's credit did not automatically apply when share purchased through Dwolla

's Avatar

kassy

01 Dec, 2015 04:16 AM

Hi,
I have a customer who had a credit on their account in sfc member assembler. They purchased a new season through dwolla, but the credit did not apply when they checked out and they still have a remaining credit on their account.
Thanks,
Kassy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 01 Dec, 2015 01:56 PM

Hi Kassy:

Yes, if a member chooses to "pay in full" at checkout, it does not check to see if there is existing credit. However, if someone just pays the deposit, the credit will end up reflecting against the balance owed.

If you wish to balance out their account, you should be able to provide a partial refund through Dwolla and then enter a negative payment against their membership to bring their balance to zero dollars.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 01 Dec, 2015 01:56 PM.

3. Kassy Rodriguez re-opened this discussion on 10 Dec, 2015 05:14 PM

4. 2 Posted by Kassy Rodriguez on 10 Dec, 2015 05:14 PM

Thanks Q. Is this by design and for a reason? If not can this be submitted as an enhancement request to allow the credit to be applied if the customer pays in full?

Thanks,
    Kassy

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 10 Dec, 2015 07:04 PM

I think this was just a result of the way the billing system was originally built. I know we've done some informal surveys on the matter and some farms feel strongly about not having credit automatically apply and others that have wanted it to apply. I think if we were to do this, it would have to be something that farmers could choose which option they want. That brings in a level of complexity to programming it. We are considering some overhauls of how the billing portion of Member Assembler works, so it is possible that this could be changed in the future.

I will certainly pass along your comments to the development team.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 10 Dec, 2015 07:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac