Members cannot log in

Andrea Tomlinson

05 Aug, 2015 12:59 PM

HI THERE, receiving a lot of these lately???
Andrea,
I have tried to log into my act and I cannot log in, it says password incorrect. then when i try to reset it, it does not send me the email.

I have been trying to put my pick up in Portsmouth for friday on hold.

Andrea, I am trying to login and each time it tells me my login failed:

"Your login failed. Forgot your password? Reset it."

I reset the password (twice, now) and it still tells me login failed. What am I doing wrong?

Sally

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Allison Spahr

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 05 Aug, 2015 01:34 PM

It looks like these users could be running into different issues.

One thing to always check is to make sure they are trying to sign in with the email account that they signed up with. I've run into lots of situations where someone has two email addresses, signs up initially with one but then later tries signing in with their other account. Obviously it doesn't recognize it because that account isn't in the system. So that's step one.

Another thing to remind people is that passwords are case sensitive, so if they made their password "ABC123" and then try to log in with "abc123", it won't work.

Another thing is that some browsers will save password information from a previous login and if they change their password in the system, their browser may still pre-fill with the old password. They should make sure to re-type in the password even if it appears to have auto-filled in for them.

If someone is requesting a password reset and not getting the email, that probably means that those emails are getting directed to their spam folder. They should check there.

Best thing to do if someone contacts you saying they are having password problems is to go into their user and just reset it. Then try logging in as them just to make sure it is working and give them the new password and confirm what email address is on file. If they continue to have issues, get the details about what type of computer they are trying to log in on, the browser they are using, etc.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 05 Aug, 2015 01:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac