Missing Member?

's Avatar

kassy

14 Jul, 2015 07:58 PM

Hello,
I have a member who successfully made a payment through Paypal May 13th, 2015, but I cannot find her anywhere in Member Assembler. Her name is Margaret Minogue-Heyl could also be under Robert Heyl. Not sure what happened.
Thanks,
Kassy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 14 Jul, 2015 08:17 PM

Hi Kassy:

If you go to - Administrate --> Users --> Manage Users and do a search for "Heyl", you'll see both Margaret and Robert are in the system as users. However, they do not show a completed membership.

There are a couple things that could happen:

1) She might have started multiple sign-up sessions and had them open at the same time. If she would check out with the older of the two sessions, this will create a situation where the Paypal notification of successful payment would create a mismatch and Member Assembler would not correctly log it against her account. If this happened, this would cause the membership to not be completed and it would time out, prompting an email to be automatically sent to her (and a copy to you) saying that the membership had timed out and that they would need to re-visit the Member Assembler site to complete their signup.

2) Another possibility. If you've allowed people to pay you via Paypal in the past, some people may already know the email address you have linked up with your Paypal account. If this is the case, they could have sent you the money directly without going through Member Assembler. However, this doesn't explain how their names and information are already in your user database, so i'm guessing it was something like I described in option #1.

If you indeed have payment from them, you should just go through and manually add their membership. Go to - Member Assembler --> Members --> Add Member. On the 2nd step where it asks you to add the contact information, you can just use the "search existing users" option at the bottom of the page to grab their existing user information from the database.

Any questions, let me know.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 14 Jul, 2015 08:17 PM.

3. kassy re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2015 01:15 AM

4. 2 Posted by kassy on 15 Jul, 2015 01:15 AM

Hi Q,

I found Margaret in the Administrate --> Users --> Manage Users area.

I manually added her to the 25-week member type. I went back to check in the manage users are and it has her and her husband added to the 50-week group. I think it is fine in member assembler and will not affect the pick-up lists or counts, but I don’t understand why it is listed this way in the administrate area.

Thank you,

Kassy Rodriguez
    Farm Share Program Manager
    Plant It Forward Farms

832-983-0405
     <mailto:[email blocked]> [email blocked]
    www.plant-it-forward.org <http://www.plant-it-forward.org/>

“the best way to help Plant It Forward Farmers is by purchasing a Farm Share Membership”

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 15 Jul, 2015 01:46 PM

Hi Kassy:

When you look at Users on that page, it is showing the user groups that they are associated with. The user group that members will automatically be assigned to relates to their pickup location, not their share type. So this user group is really just for the "Urban Harvest Eastside Farmers Market".

I think what happened here is you had created several seasons. When you copy pickups between seasons it will add the name of the season to the end of the pickup, so "Pickup A" becomes "Pickup A - Season 2" when you copy it. I think at one point this season had been called "50-week (1-year) July 2015-January 2015", so that got added to the pickup's user group name. However, when you changed the season name, that didn't change the user group name.

So, just to summarize, that user group just relates to their pickup location and season and has nothing to do with what actual share they have selected. To see that, you would have to go into the membership itself.

If you'd want, you can go to - Administrate --> Users --> Manage Groups and adjust the names to be more accurate.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 15 Jul, 2015 01:46 PM.

7. kassy re-opened this discussion on 22 Jul, 2015 06:35 PM

8. 4 Posted by kassy on 22 Jul, 2015 06:35 PM

Hi Q,

Somehow I lost our chat. I heard the tone when you responded to my last question, but can’t open a new chat window. Our internet has been off and on all day, so maybe that is how it got lost.

Thank you,

Kassy Rodriguez
    Farm Share Program Manager
    Plant It Forward Farms

832-983-0405
     <mailto:[email blocked]> [email blocked]
    www.plant-it-forward.org <http://www.plant-it-forward.org/>

“the best way to help Plant It Forward Farmers is by purchasing a Farm Share Membership”

9. qroth closed this discussion on 23 Jul, 2015 01:38 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac