export tool

's Avatar

kassy

02 Jul, 2015 12:04 AM

Export Members by Types Tool

Weekly Vegetable Share for 10-weeks: July 2015-September 2015 Weekly Vegetable Share for 25-weeks: July 2015 - January 2016 Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks: July 2015-June 2016 Purchase additional Plant It Forward Bag: Plant It Forward Bag Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks: January 2015-December 2015

The type with the asterisks is not being exported as a column in excel, so those who are registered under that type are not being accounted for.

Thanks,
Kassy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Mike on 02 Jul, 2015 12:17 PM

Hi Kassy,

Yes, they are there. I just ran an export and then looked at the export you ran yesterday. You have 156 members exported and starting at row 93 of the spreadsheet, you start to hit your members who chose the Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks member type. It is Column O. There are 35 of them.

If I could make a couple suggestions to how you configure your Member Types in future... I think you should have your 10-week, 25-week, and 50-week options just set as Member Type Options all under one Member Type of a vegetable share. The methodology of determining what should be a Type is usually if you think someone is going to choose one from each of them... like a choice of vegetable share, egg share, etc. In your case, it is not likely someone would want to get a 10-week AND a 50-week vegetable share, so you create them as options under a single Member Type under Member Assembler > Configure > Member Types. I wouldn't mess with your current season but just to keep this in mind for the future. Then, also, in the export, they will just be in one column. I think perhaps you thought they were not there in your export because the first 92 records had all not chosen the 50-week type.

Additionally, your Office Use Only Member Type... you can Disable that in the same Configure area. Then it will be available to you in your control panel to set someone up with it but the public won't see it on your website. That Member Type also could conceivably be a Member Type Option under a single Vegetable Share.

Mike

2. Mike closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2015 12:17 PM.

3. kassy re-opened this discussion on 02 Jul, 2015 02:58 PM

4. 2 Posted by kassy on 02 Jul, 2015 02:58 PM

Hi Mike,

The Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks in column O is the one where we added members manually that have been registered since January. We have another members type that is Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks July-June. The member’s names are listed, but there is not a column for that member type.

Four people chose that member type:

Ann Hightower

K. Local Foods Rice Village

Kelly Ramey

C. Heights/Dr. Blazek's Office

Megan Jordan

I. St. Catherines Montessori

Kathleen Ballanfant

A. Urban Harvest Eastside Farmers Market

Their names are listed as members, but there is no member type column for them so there is not a column where they have a “1” so that I can get an accurate count. The number of members is 156 but we actually have 169 shares because some members get more than one share. This is the number that I need to see.

When I originally set this up I had all options under one member type but I changed it because something didn’t work for me having it set-up that way. I do not remember what it was.

I’ll look into hiding the office only member type.

Thanks,

Kassy

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by qroth on 02 Jul, 2015 04:33 PM

Hi Kassy:

I think the fact that there were two share types with the same exact name was causing an issue when it went to create your spreadsheet. I think it was trying to combine both of the "Weekly Vegetable Share for 50-weeks" share types into a single column since they had the same exact name. I removed the dash from the one version of the share and re-ran the export and it looks like that both share types are exporting properly now.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

6. qroth closed this discussion on 02 Jul, 2015 04:33 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac