dwolla and paypal api's

's Avatar

kassy

15 Apr, 2015 02:38 AM

Hi I have two questions:
1. Dwolla's max is $999. My 1-year membership is $1200/$1150 if paying in full. If a member uses dwolla to pay the full amount is it as simple as paying $999 and then another $151? Would the pay in full option go away if the member makes two separate dwolla payments?
2. I pulled the paypal API's from the paypal account. Within paypal the API's are hidden, appearing secure. On your site they are not starred out or hidden after entered why is this?

Thanks,
Kassy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by qroth on 15 Apr, 2015 01:53 PM

Hi Kassy:

At checkout it will show two options.
    1) Will show a payment of $999 with the note "Unfortunately, Dwolla does not allow single transactions of $1000 and above through their checkout method so your entire balance can not be paid at once."
    2) The deposit option, which will reflect the % of the whole invoice.

Unfortunately because of this, the "pay in full" discount won't be automatically applied. If you are interested in offering these follks a paid in full discount, you'll need to manually apply the discount prior to them making their 2nd payment.

If Paypal is hiding those codes, that must be new. They haven't done that in the past. Our main reasons we don't bother hiding the codes in the control panel:
    1) When you are in the control panel you are in a secure site.
    2) You need to login to access your control panel
    3) The only thing that someone could really do with those API codes is send you money.

Hope that answers your questions.

Q Roth
    Farmer Support

2. qroth closed this discussion on 15 Apr, 2015 01:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac