setting maximum # of shares for a pick up day?

's Avatar

stoutoakfarm

01 Apr, 2015 11:05 AM

Is there a way to set a maximum # of shares I have available to sell for a specific pick up day? I'm getting close to the number I want for my Tuesday pickup and I don't want to oversell by accident.

Also, how do I "turn off" a pick up option once it's sold out?

It's possible I learned this earlier, and have forgotten it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kate

1. 1 Posted by Lauren on 01 Apr, 2015 01:30 PM

Hi Kate,

There is no automatic shut-off of when certain member types or pickup locations become full. When your members are going through the sign up process, their choices are saved for 12 hours so that they can go back and finish their sign up if they stop before they check out. Their member types and pickup location choices are saved in a temporary state and they are considered a pending membership. If sign up automatically shut off when a certain number was reached, it might cut off too early, counting these pending memberships...however some of these people do not sign up, or end up making a change. This would throw off your numbers and your sign up might close before it's actually full.

As a solution to this, every time a member signs up, you receive a confirmation email with the member type counts included, so you can see how many people are signed up for each share in real time. When you reach your limit, you can go into the system and disable the member type or pickup location, which will remove it from your public sign up process and prevent people from choosing it during sign up.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any additional questions about this so that I can help you further.

Best,
    Lauren, Farmer Support

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

2. Lauren closed this discussion on 01 Apr, 2015 01:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac